1) Vision and Mission of Educational Technology:
Vision: “Our vision is to create an educational environment that effectively leverages technology to empower individuals and build a skilled, knowledgeable, and innovative society.”
- Access to Quality Education: Our mission is to provide quality education for all, where technology will be the primary tool to overcome geographical and economic barriers.
- Innovation in Teaching and Learning: We are committed to developing and implementing innovative technological solutions to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness, and interactivity in the teaching and learning process.
- Digital Literacy Enhancement: We will work to improve digital literacy among students and educators so they can use technology wisely and safely.
- Parent and Community Engagement: We will facilitate the involvement of parents and the community in education by using technology to provide better information, communication, and participation.
- Teacher Professional Development: We will provide ongoing training and support to teachers in adopting and integrating technology into their curricula.
- Sustainable Research and Development: Our mission is to contribute to sustainable research and development in educational technology, ensuring continuous improvement in technology-enhanced educational practices.
- Balancing Technology and Human Values: We will ensure that technology in education always respects and promotes human values, ethics, and diversity.
- Measuring Outcomes and Quality: We will monitor and evaluate the impact of technology in education to ensure that we achieve desired outcomes and maintain high-quality standards.
2) The objectives of an Educational Technology program :
- Prepare Future Educational Technology Professionals: Provide the knowledge and skills needed for prospective teachers, instructional designers, and educational technology specialists to succeed in this field.
- Develop Digital and Technology Literacy: Enhance students’ understanding and mastery of educational technology, software, and relevant tools.
- Design and Integrate Technology into Teaching: Teach students how to design and integrate technology into teaching and learning to enhance the learning experience.
- Create Digital Learning Materials: Instruct students on how to create effective digital learning materials, such as instructional videos, interactive modules, and other online resources.
- Manage Educational Technology Infrastructure: Provide an understanding of managing educational technology systems, including hardware, software, and networks.
- Apply Instructional Design Principles: Instill in students the principles of instructional design to create effective learning materials.
- Evaluate Teaching Effectiveness with Technology: Teach students how to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching with technology and make improvements as necessary.
- Research and Development: Encourage students to engage in innovative and sustainable educational technology research and development.
- Understanding Ethics and Digital Security: Teach students about the ethics of using educational technology and address digital security issues.
- Collaboration and Communication: Develop collaboration and communication skills necessary for working with students, peers, and other educational stakeholders.
- Adaptation to Change: Prepare students to keep up with ever-changing technology developments and adapt their teaching as needed.
3) competencies found in an Educational Technology program :
- Technology Proficiency: Understanding and being able to operate various types of technology used in an educational context, including hardware and software.
- Learning Design: Ability to design effective learning materials using technology, including the use of digital media and online learning platforms.
- Technology Integration in Teaching: Ability to integrate technology into the teaching process to enhance learning effectiveness and student engagement.
- Educational Technology Project Management: Ability to manage projects involving the development and implementation of educational technology.
- Learning Evaluation: Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of technology in the learning process and identify necessary improvements.
- Instructional Design: Understanding the principles of instructional design and being able to apply them in developing learning materials.
- Research and Innovation: Ability to conduct research in the field of educational technology and contribute to innovation in the use of technology for educational purposes.
- Ethics and Digital Security: Understanding ethical and security issues related to the use of technology in education.
- Collaborative Skills: Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders, including teachers, students, and educational staff, to create a technology-supported learning environment.
- Educational Data Management: Ability to manage and analyze educational data to support decision-making and educational improvement.
- Effective Communication: Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in explaining educational technology concepts and solutions.
- Understanding Technology Trends: Understanding trends and developments in technology relevant to education.